These are cute for Sunday Morning Breakfast!
Here’s the recipe, enjoy!
Very simple, just three steps:
1) Cut bell peppers into 1/2 inch rings
2) Place in a non-stick lightly oiled skillet
3) Crack an egg in the middle of each ring and cover and cook over low heat until done. If you like your yolks runny, just cook over low heat until whites are done. If you like your yolks firm, break the yolks and then cook over low heat until both whites and yolks are firm
I will be trying this tomorrow morning and seeing if it still looks as pretty as the picture, haha.
Add some wheat toast and jam and I’m all over it. Nom.
There’s little simpler and more delicious than a poached egg on toast. So that’s exactly what I had for breakfast!
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice wheat bread
- 1 thin slice red onion
- 1/2 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/8 avocado, thinly sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
I poached the eggs for three minutes in water with a squirt of lemon juice (the lemon juice helps the whites stick together) while I toasted the wheat bread. I just arranged the veggies on the toast, spreading the avocado a bit on the hot toast, and topped with the eggs, salt, and pepper. Voila!
It’s filling, easy, and yummy. Change it up by frying the egg with a small spray of olive oil and crumbling your favorite cheese on top, or adding peppers, etc.